On April 13, 1959, James J. Harris hosted a meeting at Morrocroft Farm that marked the Club's formal beginning.  
On December 18, 1959,  the twenty-one Founders of the Club executed its Certificate of Incorporation, which was filed on January 4, 1960, officially constituting Quail Hollow Club. 

The 21 Founders, Incorporators and Initial Members of the Board of Governors of Quail Hollow Club were:

William H. Barnhardt       John L. Crist, Jr.
John M. Belk George S. Crouch
F.J. Blythe, Jr. James J. Harris
J. Chadbourn Bolles T.E. Hemby, Jr.
B. Irvin Boyle H.F. Kincey
J. Herbert Bridges Willilam B. McGuire, Jr.
J.E. Burnside, Sr. Ross Puette
James G. Cannon Addison H. Reese
Norman A. Cocke, Sr. J.H. Robinson
John Scott Cramer C.D. Spangler
F. N. Thompson

The first ninety members of the Club were designated its Charter Members.  The Club's property comprises 257.3131 acres and is fully utilized for Club activities.

The Golf Course

The Course and the Clubhouse are located at 3700 Gleneagles Road in Charlotte, NC. Quail Hollow Club has what is considered by many to be one of the finest courses in the southeastern United States.

The course was originally designed by famed golf course architect George Cobb in 1961 to capture the beauty as well as challenging terrain of the Piedmont region. In the intervening years, the course has undergone a series of improvements, including modifications to several holes by Arnold Palmer in 1986, and a redesign by Tom Fazio in 1997.

The Quail Hollow course has two signature holes. The par four, 14th is a dogleg left that can be driven with a good tee shot. It measures 346 yards from the championship tees. A 15 acre lake frames the left side of the hole and the rough on that side slopes down to the water. The narrow
landing area measures about 27 yards across and is guarded with two bunkers on each side. The two tiered green is long and narrow with about 7,100 square feet of putting surface. Two more bunkers guard the left front and middle of the green, and a collection area waits just off the right front of the green for short approach shots hit off line, or almost perfect drives. The area immediately left of the green slopes severely down to the lake, so shots hit left have a very good chance of ending up in the hazard.

Quail Hollow History
Map and Directions
Positions Available